Wednesday, October 23, 2013

my little house of dreams

I moved two months ago, to a cute little place nearer to school. I fell in love with this house and neighborhood at first sight and knew I wanted to live there before I even saw inside.

(My house is the one with the wreath on the door.) I had butterflies in my stomach for the next few weeks until I found out I really would get to live here. This area is much more neighbor-friendly than where I previously lived, at a busy intersection. And the neighbors here have been so welcoming to me. I love the fact that the street is pretty much lined with kids and that they play in the school lot across from my house. 

During the month of September a fabulous girl named Sharon lived with me. How should I describe that month? We had many delightful adventures (living rather recklessly since she was only here for a month) and also had splendid times within in the four walls of our little abode. To quote Sharon, "Who knew a 15-foot slice of Baltimore could hold so much happiness?" :) Here's a picture of the two of us.


We had a lot of fun setting up the house together.  I'll give you a quick tour of the house, so far. :) It's a work in progress. My new housemate, Samantha, and I are hoping to do some painting in the near future.

Welcome! :)

One side of the living room....


My sister made beautiful pillows for the couch.




The green balls were a fun yard sale find.









My love for this house was solidified the first time I stood in the little bedroom that I now occupy and saw this when I looked out the window. I love living in the middle of the city.





2 comments:

  1. I adore your nest. And yes, nest is an appropriate name for your home that houses so many birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the way you decorate with nature and books!

    ReplyDelete